Your Happily Ever After Starts With A Princess Wedding Dress
You've dreamed of a Cinderella style princess ball gown wedding dress, or perhaps you have never considered this style before. When you tried it on for the first time, did it just make you feel so feminine? Lavish and beautiful?
What is a princess wedding dress?
As a bride, the dream is to look like royalty on your big day.
This wedding dress style is the ultimate bridal romance and is typically characterized by a voluminous skirt draped in gorgeous tulles, sophisticated satins or luscious lace can give any bride their dream dress of elegance and sophistication; while other styles featuring beading and sequin embellishments will ensure she sparkles on your big day!
Princess wedding dresses are designed with classic and royal elements which is ideal for the bride aspiring for a fairy-tale wedding for her special day.
Sparkles, beading and intricate beading - fit for the real life princess bride.
Is a princess wedding gown right for me?
The princess wedding gown is so much more than a dress for the bride who wants to make an entrance and have all eyes on her.
This fairy-tale style dress will turn your happily ever after into something out of any Cinderella’s dreams, with enough volume and drama that makes it perfect!
The princess wedding dress is the choice for every bride who dreams of being a fairy-tale queen and wants to walk down the aisle in style.
It's also perfect for minimalistic brides, as there are so many ways you can combine classic silhouettes with modern touches like blush tones or oversized bows. No matter your personal taste, this silhouette has something that will suit any bride perfectly!
Princess wedding gowns can also be perfect for minimalistic brides - there are so many ways you can combine classic silhouettes with modern touches like blush tones or oversized bows.
Princess wedding dresses are the perfect way to show off your inner princess, no matter what type of venue you choose for your big day. You'll be stunned by how beautiful this gown silhouette looks with any setting!
Achieving the perfect princess wedding dress can be a daunting task. With so many options and different styles, it's hard to know where to start!
Read on, we can help.
Would a princess ball gown wedding dress suit my body shape?
To balance the voluminous skirt, the bodice of the dress is often quite fitted. The top of the dress is a typically a corset design with an accentuated waist that flatters your figure beautifully while hiding any unwanted curves from below the fuller skirt silhouette.
A princess wedding dress can be perfect for a petite or plus size bride.
If you've been told that this silhouette isn't right for your body type, let's get the information straightened.
We believe every bride deserves to get the wedding dress she has always dreamed of, and you can have whatever kind of gown as long as you pay attention to a few details and how it compliments your overall look – so whether you are a petite or plus size bride, there is a perfect princess bridal gown for you.
Every bride deserves to get the wedding dress she has always dreamed of, and you can have whatever kind of gown as long as you pay attention to a few details and how it compliments your overall look.
If you’re a PETITE BRIDE:
The most common wedding dress advice you will hear is that petite brides should never wear a ball gown or mermaid style, as these cuts make a bride appear shorter.
How disappointing to imagine you can't wear one of the classic and beautiful silhouettes for your big day!
But that shouldn’t be the case.
If you are a petite bride wanting a princess wedding dress but worried that this silhouette will make you look shorter, follow our top tips below.
- Make sure your waist doesn't get cut off when you wear an outfit by wearing a dress that curves up in the center to create this elongated effect.
- Do not let the waistline of your wedding dress cut off at a straight line around back - follow it with curves that dip lower.
- A narrow belt or tonal colour ribbon is an understated way to add a little flair to the dress to make it more perfect. Small details as such can really change and compliment the dress’s overall look.
- To avoid looking swallowed by the ball gown silhouette on your petite frame, request less fullness in the skirt by reducing the volume of crinoline or tulle. You will still have the ball gown look but it will look more structured A line – depending on how much reduction in fullness you decide on.
- Ask for a petite cut or custom bodice measurements for your gown when ordering so that there are reduced amounts on alterations needed in order for your dress to look perfect. Side note: even though you may get custom measurements for your dress, final alterations are almost always required to get that absolute perfect fit.
If you’re a PLUS SIZE BRIDE:
When we label people, it can cause them to limit themselves.
Just because you are a plus size bride does not mean that your choices in wedding dress styles is more limited than if you were considered "standard" sized.
You CAN have the dress of your dreams, look amazing and be comfortable with yourself as both a fuller woman AND as a beautiful bride.
Don’t let any labels prohibit you from having YOUR dream princess style gown for the most special day of your life.
Your fuller figure can look absolutely amazing in a princess wedding dress. In fact, this style can be very flattering on your body shape with the right styling by following a few simple rules.
- Avoid having a lot of gathering right at the waistline – instead, opt for a skirt that has been cut on a full circle with minimal gathering. This eliminates bulk fabric around the hip line but still giving you the fullness in the skirt of the princess ball gown wedding dress style.
- Look for a dress design that is cinched at the waist to avoid looking shapeless.
- Ensure you have support on the bust - either by picking a dress style that can accommodate you wearing a bra (i.e, a style with straps) and/or opting for a corset-style bodice which has adjustable back so it can fit your comfort level just right!
Sometimes it’s hard to believe that fairy tales can come true, until you find your plus size princess wedding dresses.
Your curves are a part of what make you special and the perfect dress for you will only add to this. If all the design elements are right for your body then that princess WOW factor will be yours!
Our goal when making our wedding dress designs was simple: we wanted every bride who tried on her dream gown feel like an actual princess--no matter their shape or size.
Common Mistakes People Make With Princess Bridal Gowns
Princess gowns are unique and versatile wedding dresses, but many people think they're only for certain types of brides – which is not the case.
- It’s important to be open minded about the styles of dresses you try on when going wedding dress shopping. The worst mistake a bride-to-be can make going to try on appointments is not being open minded and/or refusing to try on a particular style of wedding dress style – such as a princess style wedding gown. Most experienced bridal consultants would often advise you prior to you trying on any dresses to be open to the idea about wedding dress styles - even–styles you haven’t considered or think are not suitable for your body. Often, we meet a bride who says she is not a princess type only to see her fall in love with one of our princess style gowns. Come to your consultation with an open mind, and you may be surprised when the dress chooses you!
- Princess dresses have long been associated with only being for traditional weddings, but the cut and material can completely change how they feel. For instance, lace ones make it seem more vintage; satin makes them clean-cut and modern. It truly is a highly versatile style of wedding dress.
- Some brides are worried that a princess gown is too big, difficult to move in or dance in during the wedding. However, this isn't true at all! Depending on what type of fabric you're using and how it's cut - these dresses can be just as lightweight and low maintenance than any other style dress.
Wedding Dress Shopping FAQs
Considering a princess wedding dress? Here are a few very common questions.
Can I wear a princess wedding dress even if my venue is not the traditional type?
Absolutely! While your venue can help you determine your bridal style, you can wear a ball gown down the aisle no matter where you say "I do."
Does my princess dress have to have beading?
While common, a princess wedding dress does not require embellishments.
If you are looking for an elegant yet understated look on your big day with minimal beading, play up the princess vibe with a lux fabric such as satin or silk then combine these stunning fabrics with a crispy and effortless silhouette such as an A line style.
Where can I buy a princess wedding dress?
If you find that many bridal boutiques may have shifted the dress styles to modern sleek styles at their store or you can’t find exactly what you are looking for, we can help you bring your princess wedding dress dreams to life here at Envious Bridal.
We make it easy to have the fairy-tale gown of your dreams, whether online or in person because we want every bride to feel like royalty on her special day.
Personalized and custom made wedding gown service
Dreaming of and getting your perfect wedding gown has never been easier. We have a variety of styles that are sure to please and we want you to find the one which matches with what's in your heart just as well as it fits on you!
We want you to walk the aisle in a style that’s true to your vision we always take special care to make sure you’re getting the princess gown of your dreams.
We know how stressful it can be to choose the perfect dress for your wedding day, but don't worry! We have an experienced team that is here to help you find a gown with personality and style.
Also...if you happen upon any of those elusive white dresses out there in stores or magazines yet cannot decide on which one suits you best - we will design and custom make your dream princess wedding dress so all eyes are only ever on YOU!
The princess in you will love our custom made service.
If long sleeves or a certain neckline is what you desire, we can help create your perfect bridal gown that's tailored to your needs and desires.
A touch of sparkles? An extraordinary train so everyone knows who the true queen on this day shall be?
We can help you design whatever is in your heart's desire!
In fact, choosing a custom-made wedding dress is the best opportunity to select a unique style that may never work with bridal gowns off the rack.
Envious Bridal & Formal is a family-owned and operated business with many years of dressmaking experience. We strive to make our store a place where brides can find gowns that are classic, timeless and affordable.
Our specialty is designing beautiful princess wedding dresses for brides in Perth and even interstate Australian brides.
We strive to create an experience as well as a stunning gown to bring living in a fairy tale on your special day no matter the setting.
The wedding gowns we select for our store are made of the finest quality materials with unique designs and one-of-a-kind gowns that will perfect any bride's dream.
The day you walk down the aisle to say "I do" is a moment that will be treasured for years.
Envious Bridal makes it our mission to help every bride feel extra radiant and look like her true self on this special occasion by providing stunning princess gowns at fair prices with unparalleled customer service, so each bride walks away feeling more beautiful than ever before!
We’ve been waiting for this moment, bride-to-be. It's finally time to find the gown of your dreams at our store!
Want to know more about custom wedding dresses? Find out more about it here.
Are you ready for an exciting process that will make your world a whole lot better!? You're in luck because we have the perfect solution!
Want to know more about how much a custom wedding dress cost? Read more here.
What makes an Envious Bridal princess wedding dress unique?
Our wedding dresses are designed with the utmost care, attention to detail and a love for all things princess-related. Whether you’re getting married in elegant ballroom or rustic barn setting, our gowns will make sure that your dress tells your story – whether it is more traditional or bohemian chic!
- The dressmakers and seamstresses we recruit are highly skilled with sewing wedding dresses. They have helped us make some of the most beautiful princess gowns that have made brides fall in love with it at first sight.
- We have dedicated dressmakers for different types of wedding dresses – meaning a tailor that specializes in princess wedding gowns makes this specific type.
- We have an absolutely incredible team with years of experience working with brides to create stunning, unique gowns for the big day that will make you feel like a princess as you walk down the aisle no matter your size or shape.
- What better way to make your special day one worth remembering than by wearing a dress that is just as unique and timeless? We have princess gowns fit for any setting from traditional white weddings in churches, barefoot on the beach ceremonies or even modernized with touches of colour.
- We provide endless options for princess style gowns with a curve-hugging bodice and full panels of fabric in the skirt. Brides who want bespoke designs can choose from satin, organza, tulle or lace to make sure their dress looks like uniquely them on that special day.
- Each wedding gown is 100% made from scratch with each element handmade to perfection including beading and embellishments.
- Our custom design process allows us to create your dream dress that you never thought could exist! It all starts by listening to what inspires you in life, then we bring those ideas together of the entire look for approval before starting on any fabric or lace patterning. From there it becomes an art piece as everything is hand sewn one small stitch at a time until the garment comes alive transforming into this magnificent work of wearable art just waiting for its chance when wearing it down aisle.
Shop gorgeous princess wedding dresses at our Perth bridal shop
Brides deserve to feel like royalty on their most important day, so we make it our job to take care of them. We want each bride-to-be's experience with us is tailored and personalized for her needs - because she deserves the best!
Prepare for your wedding dress shopping day with an open mind and a sense of adventure to get the most out of your experience!
A personalised consultation with our bridal consultant will help you find the perfect wedding dress for your big day. Be sure to book in advance, because appointments are limited and fill up quickly!